Application Information and Template

Interested in joining?
  • Author

Tan

Guild Leader

Application Information and Template

PostWed Dec 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Application Process

Read everything in this template carefully. Following our application instructions will help us determine how well you pay attention.
  • Register an account, create a new topic in the Recruitment forum with Name - Spec Class as the title and fill out our application form below.
  • Answer every question.
  • Use proper grammar and spelling.
  • Please be as detailed; you don't have to write a book, but make sure the answers reflect an understanding of why we asked the question we asked.
  • Be honest because we will attempt to verify claims you make about performance or raiding history.
  • Format the application nicely so it's easily readable.
Please be aware that applications of ANY class will always be considered despite being listed as closed. Should you require a private application you can PM one of the Officers.

After submitting your application it will be reviewed by our members. Please keep an eye on the topic because we may have questions for you. If we like your application we will set up a Mumble interview. After the interview we will let you know how we want to proceed. Usually we like to think it over for a day or two before making a final decision. Feel free to contact any member of the guild if you have any additional questions about the guild. Do not contact members about your application status.

Once accepted you will be invited to the guild as a Trial. Our trial period is at the minimum a month; it lasts longer if further evaluation is required. Applicants are judged in many aspects of raiding from performance to perceived motivation and longevity.

Application Form - PLEASE INCLUDE QUESTIONS IN YOUR POST

1. Post your Age(IRL), Character Name, Primary Spec, Off Spec, Armory Link and BattleTag.

2. Link recent WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; Heroic parses are required, Mythic are preferred.

3. What prior raiding experience do you have? What tiers have you completed start to finish while they were current?

4a. What Mythic (or Heroic before WoD) raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?

4b. Please provide at least two references from your prior guilds (Hint: we will need their BattleTags or an email address where we can contact them). Where possible, at least one of these should be a leader of your most recent guild who still plays the game (even casually).

5. Are there any conflicts with our raid schedule?

6. Post a screenshot of your UI in raid combat and list your essential raid addons. Do not skip this step.

7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server? Please include a speedtest result to a Chicago server.

8. How did you find out about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?

9. What do you think your primary spec brings to raids? What are the strengths of your spec? What are the weaknesses? Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier.

10. How strong are you on your off-spec? Would you have a problem if we asked you to raid on your off-spec?

11. What specific information resources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics?

12. What other classes/specs are you capable of playing at the same competitive level as your main?

13. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.

14. What is your strongest aspect as a raider?

15. Tell us more about you.

16. When are you available for a Mumble interview?

Need to get in touch with us?

* Officer: Arrow (Arrow#1690)
* Officer: Braille (Feythe#1284)
* Officer: Waddle (Waddle#11755)

By applying to Vindi you assume the risk of any and all emotional damage and wasted gold from Arrow's bad raid calls.

syrynity

Officer

Syrynity - Brewmaster - Monk

PostSat Jun 20, 2015 7:29 am

A WELL WRITTEN APPLICATION

1. Contact Information - Character Name, Armory Link, BattleTag

Syrynity
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ity/simple
Feythe#1284

2. Please link any World of Logs or WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; if you don't have any parses make some in LFR.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/37330/latest

3. What prior raiding experience do you have? List any notable achievements. We will attempt to verify any claims you make.

I have been raiding at the highest level since this game was released. My guild in Vanilla (A Team) killed 40 man Kel'Thuzad 15th in the world. I went on to kill every boss on the highest difficulty while it was relevant content up to and including Mythic Blackhand. I can provide other characters that I have raided on to verify this if needed. Of particular note my Margok and Blackhand kills were US 9th and 10th respectively.

4. What other guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?

After A Team on Stonemaul fell apart due to lack of people I raided in the other top guild on my server Fallen (which transferred to Tichondrius). After Fallen fell apart due to lack of people I went to Smitus and Friends on Sargeras. Smitus and Friends again fell apart due to lack of people after Blackhand died. I did not want to leave any of these guilds and I usually/always stay with a guild I have committed to until the bitter end.

No

6. Post a screenshot of your UI in raid combat and list your essential raid addons. Do not skip this step.

http://imgur.com/lwATKIR

Essential Addons:

Weak Auras
DBM
Big Wigs
Exorsus Raid Tools
Phoenix Style
Hagakure Cooldowns
Recount

7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have any lag (visual or connectivity) issues in 20-person raids? Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server?

My computer was fairly current for when Mists launched. The specs are below. I do not experience lag in raids of any size (barring some extreme outliers like Elegon phase 3 in its first incarnation and Malkorak during the first 10 seconds of heroism)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.2 GHz
Number of Cores 12
Video Card 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset NVxx
Dedicated Memory 4.1 GB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Video Card 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 690
Dedicated Memory 4.1 GB
Total Memory 3.9 GB
Memory 32 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack 1
Size 64 Bit
Edition Ultimate
Display Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1600
DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N SCSI CdRom Device
CD HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N SCSI CdRom Device
Drive 1
Size 476.8 GB
Free 401.4 GB
Drive 2
Size 476.9 GB
Free 75.5 GB
Drive 3
Size 229.3 GB
Free 25.6 GB

My speedtests to a Chicago server found below

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4446460574

8. How did you find out about us?

Browsing 3 day a week guilds on Wowprogress

9. Why do you want to be a part of this guild? (Show us you fit in with us philosophically.)

You guys fit in with my schedule very nicely. I also like the mentality of progressing as much as possible without putting in a huge amount of time. My last guild started as a 3-4 week ideal and ended up falling apart because the guild leader wished to suddenly push it to 7 day a week after our moderate success in this tier. Because of this I am slightly jaded on the raiding a lot style right now.

10. What do you think your class brings to raids? Explain your role in a raid setting (beyond healing, tanking, or doing damage). Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier. (Show us you know your preferred spec.)

It would be hard to find an ability active or passive that was not hugely beneficial to raid encounters this tier as a Brewmaster. This class is borderline absurd for the next 4 days. Regardless I will list a few notable examples.

Black Ox Statue: This is by far the cleanest and most efficient way of grouping up new mobs or preventing them from meleeing dps directly after spawning. No other tank has this level of control over adds as they are spawning. It was particularly helpful on Ko'Ragh, Margok, Beastlord, Operator, and Blast Furnace.

Transcendence: While high mobility is not unique among tanks this ability still provides excellent control of your personal positioning. It can also be used to prevent fall damage. This ability was particularly useful for Marks of Chaos on Margok, not using a rune on Kromog, skipping knockbacks on Shattering Smash on Blackhand and repositioning Siegemakers again on Blackhand.

Stagger: Until very soon it works on all sorts of attacks that it really shouldn't. This means that monks can more or less survive any physical attack in the game. Some notable ones include Stone Fists on Kromog, Shattering Smash on Blackhand, tanking Siegemakers to the face on Blackhand.

Guard: In my combat screenshot listed above you can see my guard is shielding me for 1.3 million damage. This is quite frankly an absolutely absurd amount. There is essentially no monster ability in the game that can possibly threaten a guard that big. To put it in perspective, if you compare it to LoH (one of the strongest burst healing cooldowns in the game) it is nearly 3 times as strong and converts overhealing to absorbs and is on 1/16 the cooldown and stacks to 2 charges. As another aside, if I was asked if I think monks are still viable next patch after the nerfs this is what I would point to. While they scaled down passive survivability and ability to cheese all physical attacks, they failed to tough guard which is in my opinion the real elephant in the room when it comes to monk tanking.

11. Are you able to play multiple specs of your class? In what circumstances would you play an off-spec? (Show us you know your whole class.)

I am up to date with both windwalking and mistweaving. With that said tanking is by far my strongest spec and I have seldom to never been asked to not tank a fight in recent memory.

12. What information sources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics? (Show us you keep up the meta on your class.)

I, of course, read both official wow forums and mmo champion forums on a daily basis. I also have a fairly strong grasp on the mechanics and mathematics of monks and do my own theorycrafting on both hotfixes/patch notes and new fights. For example, the now common strategy of having only a single tank do splits on operator was invented by me personally and done first by my guild.

13. What's your favorite thing about WoD?

WoW has redeeming qualities as a game in many regards but I play it primarily to raid. While this carries less weight since I like essentially all new raids, I think the raids both current and in Hellfire Citadel are excellent.

14. Make up a question and answer it well.

What is your strongest aspect as a raider?

I could go into a lot of things that make me appealing as a raider. I do my rotations, I know boss mechanics, I am very good at leading and knowing what we have to do as a group to win. I am very good at making strategies for new bosses and adapting them to my current team. My best aspect, however, is that I am extremely cognizant. I am not only aware of what the boss is doing but I am aware of what everyone on my team is doing or not doing too. Because of this I am rarely surprised by something happening in the fight. I know when and where every player add and boss will be 5 seconds from now which makes reacting to things much much easier. The motto I play by is to not let anything outplay you. This includes not only the relatively simple skill checks from the bosses themselves but also other raiders who might be doing something they shouldn't (dragging rapid fire on you or trying to be too close to the Siegemaker to steal agro on it).

15. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.

http://www.twitch.tv/feythe

I do occasionally stream wow but its mainly just to allow my friends to watch whatever game I am playing. Also please note that streaming was banned for most of our HM/BRF progression so there will not be much of that if you go to look.

16. What is on your "R" Keybind?

I still have it bound to reply. I understand this may be considered an unfavorable keybind but it is just what I have gotten used to.

17. Tell us more about you. We aren't robots after all.

I am a 26 year old male. I work as a software engineer at a small company in my town in Davis, California. I fit a number of Asian Stereotypes you might apply to me including math, puzzles and piano. I enjoy games of all sorts including every other blizzard game, League of Legends, ARK, and many other single/multiplayer games in my 200 game steam library.

18. When are you available for a Mumble interview?

I can make my schedule fit for you. Afternoons to evenings are better.

Shmooskie

Visitor

Shmooskie - Arms Warrior

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 11:45 pm

A POORLY WRITTEN APPLICATION

1. Post your Age(IRL), Character Name, Primary Spec, Off Spec, Armory Link and BattleTag.
- 23, Shmooskie, Arms, ARMS, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /shmooskie, Shmooski#1685

2. Link recent WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; Heroic parses are required, Mythic are preferred.
- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /shmooskie

3. What prior raiding experience do you have? What tiers have you completed start to finish while they were current?
- I only just recently got back into playing in like September of 2017 and I hadn't played before that since Cata came out. Initial guild I joined ended at 9/9H for Tomb, we didn't have the numbers to try mythic. Joined a new guild once Antorus came out and have pushed to argus, with minimal pulls on him after our main tank quit.

4a. What Mythic (or Heroic before WoD) raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
- The Immortal Brotherhood. Heroic 9/9 Tomb. Progression was slow and numbers were low. Felt like I was being held back if I'm being honest.
- Happy Little Trees. 10/11M Antorus. After our main tank quit, Argus progression is looking grim. Raid times were also bad with them being on the west coast and me on the east.

4b. Please provide at least two references from your prior guilds (Hint: we will need their BattleTags or an email address where we can contact them). Where possible, at least one of these should be a leader of your most recent guild who still plays the game (even casually).
- Cannasmack. Current guild lead. Don't have his battletag and he is offline at the time of doing this application, but I can get it if it's needed at a later time.
- Demohunto. Derek#1724
- Backgrounds. phantums#1182

- None that I see.

- https://imgur.com/fS9baZP
- DBM, ERT, Weakauras, and of course DETAILS, that's the most important one.

7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server? Please include a speedtest result to a Chicago server.
- Current PC has a Radeon RX 580 series, 8gb RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8-core CPU. Building a new PC by April 2nd when all the parts come in. That will have an Asus GTX 1080, 16gb RAM, 1tb HDD and 250gb SSD, and Intel core i5-8400.
- Wired connection
- http://www.speedtest.net/result/7177790057

8. How did you find out about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?
- My boy Lup found me on wowprogress and hit me up. I would like to be a part of Vindicatum because I feel like I can grow and continue improving with you guys. Also I hear you have memes.

9. What do you think your primary spec brings to raids? What are the strengths of your spec? What are the weaknesses? Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier.
- Pros: SPICY execute phase, commanding shout for big raid damage, strong single target and AOE damage. Weaknesses include lack of cc and the set up time for burst making it hard to help with some mechanics (Adds on mythic varimathras).

10. How strong are you on your off-spec? Would you have a problem if we asked you to raid on your off-spec?
- Arms til the day I die baby. Nah but in all seriousness neither of my off-specs are good whatsoever. Not leveled up at all.

11. What specific information sources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics?
- I am always checking the top 10 Arms Warriors on warcraftlogs.com to see if any new strategies for pulling bigger numbers come up. I am also part of the warcraftlogs discord where there are discussions on strategies every day.

12. What other classes/specs do you have geared up and ready to play at a competitive level?
- None #onetrickpony

13. How many points do you have spent in your main spec weapon? Off spec weapons? How many Mythic+'s have you completed? (Please note: we will not entertain any applicant without 75 points in their main weapon absent exceptional circumstances)
- 80 points in main spec. 52 in offspec.
- Mythic+ is not my forte, but I have completed all dungeons with the exception of Arcway and Seat at +15 or higher.
https://raider.io/characters/us/darkspear/Shmooskie

14. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.
- N/A

15. What is on your "R" Keybind?
- Heroic Leap

16. Tell us more about you.
- What up, my boys call me Phil (first 4 of last name). I'm in the Marine Corps, and with the work schedule that comes with that, all I really do during the week is work, eat, workout, raid, and sleep. I get out on May 10th thank fucking god. I'm a pretty chill dude all the time until you cuck my pre-pot. Sense of humor is dark and fucked up FYI, but that makes for the best memes.
17. When are you available for a Mumble interview?
- Whenever I'm on. Downloading Mumble as I type this.

Return to Recruitment