Bendle - Balance Druid

Interested in joining?
Bendle
Visitor

Bendle - Balance Druid

Post by Bendle » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:59 am

:arrow: 1. Post your Age(IRL), Character Name, Primary Spec, Off Spec, Armory Link and BattleTag.

Character Name: Bendle
Primary Spec: Balance
Off Spec: Resto
Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... low/bendle
Battle Tag: bendle#1697

:arrow: 2. Link recent WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; Heroic parses are required, Mythic are preferred.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/41359270

:arrow: 3. What prior raiding experience do you have? What tiers have you completed start to finish while they were current?

Pretty much every tier I have raided in (Didn't raid Wotlk, SoO, WoD, ToS, AbT). I would say the 2 tiers I didn't finish content when it was current was Firelands I went on exchange before we got the kill and Nighthold my guild collapsed after killing Elisande.

:arrow: 4a. What Mythic (or Heroic before WoD) raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?

TLDR leading up to BFA: Raided since BC and up until WoD with the same guild. Took a break in end of MoP/Wod after guild fell apart and came back in legion and muddled around with some friends. Upon BFA launch decided to test my limits and see how much I have actually learned to help me improve my play.

Start of xpac - Opulence: Fair Enough - Area 52. Came back to the game after a hiatus during antorus, all my guilds I played in during legion died so was doing a fresh type of thing. I knew the guild from my time on Arthas where they were previously and they were reforming as well. Was a bit rough with attendance issues, left towards the middle of BoD realizing we weren't in the same state of mind and I was looking to move up quicker. (left on good terms and still talk/go to alt runs).

Opulence - Blockade: Unicorn Seven - Illidan. Friends guild that picked me up quickly after I left Fair Enough, they were on rasta progression when we killed opulence. Their times werent the best for me but they were welcome to bringing me in while I figured out what I was doing so stuck around and killed some bosses. The week we killed blockade I got a new job and told them I wouldn't be able to raid with em anymore. On good terms.

Jaina - Zaqul: Narcosis - Illidan. Joined the guild as they were on Illidan and reached out to me pretty quick, being able to get in on Jaina prog as they had some people holding them from the kill. Got brought in and the kill pretty quick, stuck around for EP progression thinking we were in line with goals for the tier. Throughout EP I realized the effort being put in prior to encounters was not very much, people were not trying and we would add extra days to make up for it. Left due to the difference of opinion (notified the guild I would be leaving during Zaqul prog and was asked to stay and help get the kill: got it US 80).

nVus trial: Joined after my Zaqul kill, they killed Azshara that same week. Trialed for about 2 months but the roster is very full and after raid testing and the trials they brought on decided to go with different classes to fill the roster.

Left Shark: Joined for a trial just this week but can tell we arent on the same page with what we want to do in the game, they are more relaxed in terms of prep and time spent than what I am looking for so ending the trial at the end of the lockout to save both parties time.

:arrow: 4b. Please provide at least two references from your prior guilds (Hint: we will need their BattleTags or an email address where we can contact them). Where possible, at least one of these should be a leader of your most recent guild who still plays the game (even casually).

Savvy#1335 - Raid lead for nVus

Sheridan#11238 - Recruiting officer for Fair Enough

If you need any more, let me know.

:arrow: 5. Are there any conflicts with our raid schedule?

No conflicts, this schedule is pretty perfect.

:arrow: 6. Post a screenshot of your UI in raid combat and list your essential raid addons. Do not skip this step.

https://imgur.com/undefined

Essential addons for raid - WA2, Bigwigs (I prefer it to Dbm but can adapt to using either if guild prefers one). Angry Assignments, ERT, Details (death cap, dmg done to priority targets, dispels, etc. for on-demand quick info checks to follow up on in logs). Range Display and combat timer are also important to my playstyle on how I go about monitoring and improving performance in fights, making note of positioning and timing differences between pulls/logs I have reviewed.

:arrow: 7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server? Please include a speedtest result to a Chicago server.

My computer is good, built recently and haven't had any issues. Have a wired connection. https://imgur.com/a/NpnWPyB

Have raided on multiple chicago data server realms. (Area-52 and Mal'Ganis are same grouping).
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8772537389

:arrow: 8. How did you find out about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?

Wowprog. I am looking for a guild that has members with the same values and expectations in a raid environment that will work together on improving. My BFA history makes me look like a guild hopper but I am actually looking to get back to that BC-end of MoP style of finding a group to play with and improve with over a period of time, the only problem now is I care about hours I am spending playing the game and would like the people I am playing with to respect that. The reason why I am apping to you guys is the At a Glance section of the wowprog blurb resonates with what I am looking for and how I handle myself.

:arrow: 9. What do you think your primary spec brings to raids? What are the strengths of your spec? What are the weaknesses? Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier.

I think boomkin isn't anything spectacular and is brought in for niche situations. We only really perform on the S tier ranged level when it comes to single target burst windows and even then in Nyalotha after corruption gear and tuning it will be interesting to see if we still have that going for us. The DoT nerfs coming in are definitely going to be felt moving into multi-target fights so that is a concern.

Going to try and keep you guys from glazing over while reading this section and apply my answers to how I think boomkins will handle Nyalotha and potentials for them standing out:
  • Handling shards on wrathion a druid may be better utilized than a dh as a DH will provide more damage onto them. Utilizing Tiger dash similarly to blockade in a situation where burning the clusters is going to be important.
  • Maut decursing being handled by balance with Remove Corruption. Less wories about mana and the option for more innervates on a fight that is going to affect mana.
  • Skitra Image management: Mass Entangle + Entangling roots in case anyone misses or creating different pathways.
  • Solar Beam on Vexiona portals(though I wish we had ursols back already).

:arrow: 10. How strong are you on your off-spec? Would you have a problem if we asked you to raid on your off-spec?

I have not played offspecs on progression (only picked up druid in uldir). That being said I have raided in every role over my course playing the game and if its something that we feel is required I am someone who puts in the time and effort to make sure I am respectful of everyone elses time and getting the job done.

:arrow: 11. What specific information resources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics?

Mostly talking to boomkins in other top guilds (I am also a frequent flyer of Sanghelios' stream). I am in the druid discord but it isn't really kept up to date all that well and you can get some mixed opinions in there if you are talking to the proper people. For that reason, I steer away from the balance channel and rely upon talking to people and going through logs for my information.

:arrow: 12. What other classes/specs are you capable of playing at the same competitive level as your main?

Rogue is something I played for the majority of my wow career. That being said with the way I approach raiding I find most classes as ones I cant maintain at a high level (explained more in question 14)

:arrow: 13. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.

https://www.twitch.tv/bendlejr - nothing about it is up to date but enjoy the vectis video :)

:arrow: 14. What is your strongest aspect as a raider?

I am someone who believes in heavy prep outside of raid hours and that in raid its time for execution, not the time for figuring out how an overlap of mechanics works for 50 pulls. I come in knowing what to expect and how I can help the raid achieve the best possible result. I work from home and am more of the type to watch the wf race, or go through logs during downtime at work than I am doing anything else. I think its an integral part of raiding. Not bullshit, I will do everything I can to get the guild a kill sooner, even if sitting Im the type to pay attention and look for things to contribute from outside of raid. I'm the player who is going to recognize the important aspects of an encounter and execute on them consistently to help the guild progress the fight more efficiently (individual responsibility mechanics are my jam).

:arrow: 15. Tell us more about you.

Simple guy who enjoys no bullshit, I like telling it how it is and expect the same. Criticism is something that should be welcomed when playing with 19+ other people there are bound to be people in the group who are better in areas of the game and being able to recognize that and put info to action is important. I'm a working professional in a demanding industry and I treat raiding very similar to my job in setting expectations for myself and others on time management and putting effort towards goals.

:arrow: 16. When are you available for a Mumble interview?

Any weekday past 6pm est, or most times on weekends.