1. Post your Age(IRL), Character Name, Primary Spec, Off Spec, Armory Link and BattleTag.
30, Druthers, Elemental Shaman, Resto Shaman, https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/illidan/Druthers
2. Link recent WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; Heroic parses are required, Mythic are preferred.https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/illidan/druthers
3. What prior raiding experience do you have? What tiers have you completed start to finish while they were current?
Started in Vanilla raiding seriously, not that it's relevant.
Went to university and got my career on track checking in here and there through the expansions, and got back into playing semi seriously in Legion.
Mythic progression through Nighthold (10/11), ToS (8/9) in nondescript guilds, and joined House Atreides for Antorus (US115). HA merged with <Blood Legion> with the return of a couple key players and pushed into BFA.
Uldir US 18, followed by some roster changes
BoD US 32, again losing some people to BFA things
CoS US 29, and the guild is looking to push even harder
4a. What Mythic (or Heroic before WoD) raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?
<House Atreides> which merged with <Blood Legion> at the end of Antorus where I am currently. <Blood Legion> is looking to push even harder in 8.2 and I will not be part of the progression team.
Prior to HA I was in <Roadrunners>, decent spot, but the guild just didn't have the progression mindset I was looking for at the time and was not willing to adjust strategy and composition to get past the easier bosses.
Before that I was hunting for a guild with a couple buddies to get more competitive, and tried that with <Devoid> and left due to atmosphere (see clip) https://www.twitch.tv/options_stream/clip/ImpartialOptimisticKumquatCoolCat?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time
Anything before that was just casual heroic guilds dabbling in mythic.
I was in <Vae Victus> in Vanilla.
4b. Please provide at least two references from your prior guilds (Hint: we will need their BattleTags or an email address where we can contact them). Where possible, at least one of these should be a leader of your most recent guild who still plays the game (even casually).
Blood Legion - Syzlak, RL and running the guild Syzlak#7260 (Discord)
Blood Legion - Zoomkins, Officer Zoomkins#0642 (Discord)
5. Are there any conflicts with our raid schedule?
No, but life happens and most adults understand that. I have a full time career M-F office hours, but I am active in my technical industry and do travel for conferences, courses, special projects, and to present papers here and there.
6. Post a screenshot of your UI in raid combat and list your essential raid addons. Do not skip this step.
Here is a vod of uunat: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/435158152
Combat screenshot: https://imgur.com/gallery/nkS6NjO
I use Elvui, weakauras, bigwigs, exrt, angry assignments. everything else is just quality of life really.
7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server? Please include a speedtest result to a Chicago server.
8700K, 1080TI, 32g ram @ 3200, M.2 for OS and Wow, SSD for other games, 2TB hd for everything else. dual monitors, high end peripherals. dedicated mic.
Normally around 50-70ms https://www.speedtest.net/result/8320261180
8. How did you find out about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?
I was approached by Lup after changing wowprogress status. After our discussion, looking into your raid times, recent vods, logs, etc, you seem like a pretty solid group. Part of the reason I am considering parting ways with BL is a drive not to just be a part of a guild who is able to accomplish goals and push content, but also to be an impactful part of that push. As noted, <Blood Legion> is looking to push even harder in 8.2 and leadership does not plan on having me as part of the progression team.
9. What do you think your primary spec brings to raids? What are the strengths of your spec? What are the weaknesses? Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier.
Currently ele is in a pretty good spot, but also precarious. Any heavy-handed adjustments from Blizzard could turn it on it's head. It is great in single target, especially if able to turret, but talent options allow you to game predictable heavy-movement phases. Especially excels in funnel damage where lava shock traits can be utilized. The raid utility, while niche, can be very impactful (read wind shear, wind rush, anhk, tremor on multiple bosses over BoD and CoS).
Weaknesses are constant movement fights, lack of immunity, 2-3 target cleave or spread cleave (when not funneling into 1 target).
10. How strong are you on your off-spec? Would you have a problem if we asked you to raid on your off-spec?
I was battle shaman for our Jaina prog and kill for the additional anhk totem. I am able to play resto in a healing capacity well enough in a mythic raid environment but am not interested in fully swapping to healer. Healed a lot in legion on shaman, including fights like Imonar.
11. What specific information resources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics?
earthshrine/ancestral guidance discords
12. What other classes/specs are you capable of playing at the same competitive level as your main?
Mage, frost/fire, but azerite armor is not optimized and neck is lacking. Definately did not catch the alt bug in BFA like I did in legion.
13. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.https://www.twitch.tv/options_stream
I don't stream often. Mostly just use as a tool for self review or to post clips for discussion.
14. What is your strongest aspect as a raider?
I have a tendency to look at the fights on a macro level, rather than get caught up in the minor things. Often too many wipes occur when raiders fixate on the little things and miss the point entirely.
I consider my mechanical ability and dps output somewhat average in a US top 100 setting, but I have noticed marked improvements, especially since BoD in overall raid awareness and multitasking while maintaining acceptable output. I am also always willing to sacrifice my damage for a shit job (like running the wails on stormwall .... every-single-week).
15. Tell us more about you.
Im a Civil Engineer, specializing in materials and pavements. I like in Canada, 30 years old, own a house, girlfriend of 4 years, dog, cat. Enjoy good scotch, the outdoors, occasional memes, and I bite my nails.
16. When are you available for a Mumble interview?
Probably any night after 8pm CST, or whenever on weekends.
Thanks for your consideration.