It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Altieri - MM/BM Hunter

Interested in joining?
  • Author

altieri43

Visitor

Altieri - MM/BM Hunter

PostFri May 17, 2019 10:08 pm

1. Post your Age(IRL), Character Name, Primary Spec, Off Spec, Armory Link and BattleTag.

25 years old, Altieri, Marksmanship, Beast Mastery Hunter
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... re/altieri
BattleTag - altieri43#1698

2. Link recent WarcraftLogs parses that you have. Do not skip this step; Heroic parses are required, Mythic are preferred.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... 59#zone=21

3. What prior raiding experience do you have? What tiers have you completed start to finish while they were current?

I started raiding Mythic difficulty in Nighthold. I raided through each tier following Nighthold but failed to get CE in Legion. My first Cutting Edge was in Uldir and continued to get CE in Battle of Dazar'alor.

4a. What Mythic (or Heroic before WoD) raiding guilds have you been a part of? Why did you leave/want to leave?

Tribe of the Ascended (Burning Legion) - I was in this guild for all of Legion expansion. I left because of serious attendance issues and sought a 3 day raiding guild.

Eternal Kingdom (Proudmoore) - Joined EK at the very end of legion. We raided through most of Uldir and our team split off and made our own team...

Onslaught (Proudmoore) - We left EK as we got to G'huun. This is my current guild. I'm searching for a team with better players. We had a few people leave once we got Jaina Proudmoore down (one being a main tank). Also the leadership is not doing its part in rebuilding.

4b. Please provide at least two references from your prior guilds (Hint: we will need their BattleTags or an email address where we can contact them). Where possible, at least one of these should be a leader of your most recent guild who still plays the game (even casually).

Kinetic#12524
Halosis#1645

5. Are there any conflicts with our raid schedule?

No, I can move my work schedule around raid time.

6. Post a screenshot of your UI in raid combat and list your essential raid addons. Do not skip this step.

DBM, Weakauras, Exorsus raid tools, Angry assignments, Details, GTFO, Plater, Range Display, Simulationcraft

I added 2 screenshot as the raid one is from my stream. I apologize for the stream additions but that's the only recent screenshot I have at the moment.
https://imgur.com/a/44AR0ua

7. Tell us about your computer. Do you have a wired connection or a wireless connection? What is your usual MS to a Chicago Server? Please include a speedtest result to a Chicago server.

Intel i7 7070k
GTX 1080ti
M.2 NVMe ssd

I have a wired fiber optic connection and very rarely see any issues with connections. I play on a pacific server currently and my ping ranges from 45 to 75. I'd expect Chicago servers to be a bit better than that as I'm on the East coast. Here's a screenshot of a speed test to a Chicago server.
https://imgur.com/a/L1mtpdr

8. How did you find out about us? Why do you want to be a part of this guild?

I found your guild through to Hall of Fame rankings site. I'm looking for a guild with players better than myself as I feel I play better and learn more when the environment is competitive. The raid time and days are a factor in my decision as well but your guild's performance was my main reason to apply.

9. What do you think your primary spec brings to raids? What are the strengths of your spec? What are the weaknesses? Name specific abilities that you can use to make specific encounters in the current (or past tier) easier.

Hunters in general is a great class in dealing with some mechanics like ballista shots on boat or moving boradside to a far barrel on Jaina Proudmoore with disengage and aspect of the cheetah. Eagle eye is a very unused ability but was useful on Jaina in identifying unknown locations of Icefall. Binding shot is a useful CC that roots targets in place on a fight like Opulence. Hunters can also bring a heroism or purge if necessary.

MM - Provides great single target burst on a short CD (around 1.5 minute with calling the shots talent) with Trueshot as the Unerring Vision trait gives increasing crit over time. MM struggles with heavy movement, 2 target, spread cleave, or 6+ target cleave. MM is a good pick for a fight like Grong or Mekkatorque as their is one primary target and not much movement.

BM - Consistent damage with a short DPS cooldown in Bestial Wrath. BM excels on progress fights as movement is not a limiting factor. BM's main weakness are pet's AI. Some of issues and sometime bugs occur on fights like Jaina Proudmoore when exiting the boat and swapping from boss to wall damage. BM is a good pick on fights similar to Opulence or Stormwall Blockade. BM also benefits from unrestricted cleave inside the range of Multi shot unlike MM. Spirit beasts provide a small HOT in spirit mend.

10. How strong are you on your off-spec? Would you have a problem if we asked you to raid on your off-spec?

I am sufficient in MM and BM.

11. What specific information resources do you use to keep up with your class mechanics?

Icy Veins is written by a Azortherian (good hunter) and I always keep up on updates there. The hunter discord is "usually" a good place to ask any questions if needed. I am friendly with Moofz (hunter guide writer for wowhead), he is always able to help me out with more specific questions.

12. What other classes/specs are you capable of playing at the same competitive level as your main?

Unfortunately I only play a hunter but am open to making an alt. This would be something I would have to work on though as I am not raid competent in any other class

13. Do you have a stream? If so, please link it.

Twitch.tv/altieri43

14. What is your strongest aspect as a raider?

I am always one to input on strategy before and during progression. I also supplied weakaura packages for the bosses that needed them.

15. Tell us more about you.

I'm a New York City Fireman with a bachelors degree from University of Miami. I have a very flexible work schedule. I started streaming in Uldir and I've grown to like it more and more. I played throughout WotLK and came back for legion and have loved it since. I also enjoy running M+. Aside from WoW, I'm interested in computer building, baseball, football, history, investing.

16. When are you available for a Mumble interview?

May 21st
May 22nd after 9pm est
May 24 after 8pm est
May 25th
May 26th

Please let me know if you would like to speak after any of these dates.

Arrow

Officer

Re: Altieri - MM/BM Hunter

PostSat May 18, 2019 6:24 pm

Hey Altieri, thank you for the well written application. Unfortunately, at this time we will be passing. Good luck in your search!

Return to Recruitment