Guild Leader

Re: Important blizz/patch note news

PostSun Nov 05, 2017 8:38 am

Renray

Officer

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 10:13 pm

some notes from some interviews
Faction conflict is the foreground and the outside threats are a slow build up in this expansion.

No plans to have followers or missions at the moment. Team doesn't want to hold on to something for the sake of holding on to it. They want it to work with the story and new content.

No plans for mobile support for Battle for Azeroth at the moment

Team is looking into tweaking the frequency in which warforging/titanforging occurs.

Ideally our current legendaries will taper off in their power as you level towards 120. By the time you reach max level, you will want to replace them with better, newer gear.

They have talked about plans for Wrathion for various other things, but currently have no plans for him in BfA.

For some classes, their artifact abilities will be incorporated into the spec as baseline or a talent. Others will be eliminated altogether.

and for big gameplay ones
There is a prevalence of immunities/defensives and the team wants to revisit these and make changes where it makes sense.
No class changes as drastic as Survival Hunters are being planned at this time.
Arcane Torrent and Rocket Jump are being looked at for a re-design.

Renray

Officer

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Highmountain Tauren

In addition to the regular options, customize facial hair / hair, horn style, horn color.

Racials:

Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 330
Pride of Ironhorn - Mining skill increased by 15 and allows you to mine faster
Mountaineer - Increases your Versatility by 1%.
Bull Rush - Charges forward for 1 sec, knocking enemies down for 1.5 sec. 2 minute cooldown.
Waste Not, Want Not - You have a chance to loot additional meat and fish

Lightforged Draenei

In addition to the regular options, customize facial hair, tattoo style, and runes.
In the demo, only has access to Warrior, Paladin, Hunter, Priest, Mage.

Racials:

Light's Judgement - Call down a strike of Holy energy dealing 5,150 Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards after 3 sec. 40 yd range, 2.5 min cooldown.
Forge of Light - Summon a forge of light, enabling Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing skill increased by 10.
Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%.
Holy Resistance - Reduce Holy damage taken by 1%.
Final Verdict - When you die the Light avenges you, dealing 1,162 Holy damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing allies for 1,383.

Arrow

Officer

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 12:06 am

Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%.

Makes sense

Tan

Guild Leader

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm

People shouldn't be shitting themselves over this AMR blog: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/warcraft-dis ... ls-review/

The biggest complaints I've got with the blog is that the method is shoddy (random samples of 24-hour chat logs) and that some of the grouping is pretty arbitrary (Hate Speech is grouped in with off-topic conversations...?). Other than that, this doesn't say anything that isn't obvious: Class Discords are a lot of hanging out, complaining, memes, toxic dumb fucks with some class discussions happening on the fringes.

I get that the wider wow theorycrafting community views AMR with disdain and are protective of their "safe" spaces, but the reactions I'm seeing on Twitter (at least from Shadow Priests) is nuts.

Renray

Officer

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 2:29 pm

AMR and h2p have been at each other's throats since I joined back when I was writing my guide. Priest players very commonly disregard anything AMR says without even reading it.

That being said I'm pretty sure AMR has been a meme for a while now. No one really wants anything they provide anymore.

Kaeve

Officer

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Anything that can be found in the Hunter discord can also just be better answered in Azor's icy-veins guides -- which is generally why people ask less questions in the discord now than they used to since people are simply referred to look at the guide to answer their questions. I hardly even look at the Hunter discord anymore since Azor almost always keeps the icy-veins guides completely up to date with his sims and specialization specific theory crafting. At low - mid level, Azor's guide is always the right answer for Hunter questions and if you're asking high level questions, you're best off just looking at logs. (Or asking an in house Hunter professional like Arrow)

I've never quite understood the appeal tho of participating in large discord communities like class discords -- mass anonymity produces all sorts of mischief when given a good mechanism for doing so.

Arrow

Officer

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm

There are a few discords with theorycraft specific channels and those are usually pretty good. I know even the tank chat one isn't too bad. Most good TC discords actually aren't even class discords. But outside of heavily moderated TC channels, it's all 27 year olds acting 15. Which is funny at first but then you come to the realization that these people are also adults in the real world and then I get depressed.

Kaeve

Officer

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Also, raidbots has trivialized so many of the questions that used to be asked in many dps spec discords. It's like the easiest tool in the world to use and gives you fantastic data on item set decisions, stat weights, and talent choices.

Delenios

Casual

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 4:02 am

Idk about other class discords but warrior theorycrafting channel isnt open to public. Reading the AMR bashing is pretty entertaining at least, warrior *admins* are a bit pissed AMR is tossing every class discord in the same basket and claiming theyre toxic / not very helpful and all we do is redirect people to guides which isnt true.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion