It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:37 am

Xbox or ps4?

Anything
  • Author

snowpal

Casual

Xbox or ps4?

PostTue May 16, 2017 11:44 am

Friend of mine wants to get a new console and I have no idea about consoles. Any info would be appreciated.

Orionspaw

Casual

Re: Xbox or ps4?

PostTue May 16, 2017 11:59 am

So I have both.

I started with the Xbox because I'm a huge Halo & Gears of War fan. I like the Kinect and voice feature commands. I use it as my all in one entertainment system, having my cable box input to my Xbox then output to the TV so I can switch through TV/Gaming/Apps all on my Xbox. However, I haven't used my Xbox to actually play a video game in probably months. Frankly I just feel like there's nothing to play, or I rather play something else. The Games with Gold for an Xbox Live membership I do believe keeps a fair influx of new and free/discounted games, but I don't pay much attention to it. I play some Halo 5 now and again, but there is no Halo 6 coming out for quite some time (Microsoft said it won't be at E3 this year). Tomb Raider games 1 year early on Xbox was something I enjoyed. But all in all, Xbox is lacking exclusive games outside of Halo/Gears. And I can only play those multiplayer games for so long at a time before I want a change of pace or a story to follow.

PS4. I'm pretty sure the hardware on this system is better, but am too lazy to verify. Exclusive story games are amazing. Horizon: Zero Dawn one of the newer titles was an immensely beautiful and engaging title and I'm so stoked for the sequels to come. I'm in the process of playing through The Last of Us now and have heard nothing but good things about the game. the Uncharted series is something I have purchased and is on my to play list. I also play Overwatch on PS4 a bit, as well as games like Titanfall 2 to get my multiplayer competition in there. As a kid I grew up on Playstation, PS2 was the first console I owned and I shredded the old Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games, so the Crash reboot coming out this summer is something I'm personally super hyped for.

To make the decision honestly I would look at what games the person is interested in playing, the exclusive titles is really what it would come down to for me. I'm also pretty sure Microsoft is pushing to have all of it's games cross-platform capable with Windows 10, so Xbox games you can play on your PC (like Gears 4 for example). PS4 would probably be my recommendation for gaming at this point in time simply because the most I use my Xbox for now is to watch TV/Hulu/Netflix and don't really ever game on it.
Last edited by Orionspaw on Tue May 16, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arrow

Officer

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:16 pm

PS4. I feel like anytime there's a really good game out and I want to play it, it's PS4 exclusive and then I'm sad. Xbox "exclusives" usually end up on PC. PS4 especially if you plan to play Kingdom Hearts 3 or the FF7 remake (why I'm getting a PS4).

Xanatu

Raider

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:18 pm

I feel like this generation is clearly moving towards PS4. You basically already know what the Xbox exclusives are going to be (Halo, GOW etc) so if you don't need those, PS4 is probably the way to go.

Arrow do you talk to the strippers in Vegas about the final fantasy remake since no one else will listen in real life?

Arrow

Officer

PostTue May 16, 2017 12:21 pm

I got a lapdance.... in the middle of Freemont Street (that's the street with the big TV over your head). I even got a boner in public.

Tian

Raider

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:20 pm

I was in a strip club in Hawaii and got into a legit conversation with a stripper. Turns out, she was from the same area where I was when I came to the US. Friends made fun of me all night for that.

On-topic, I own both as well but haven't played my Xbox in forever. I feel like the exclusive games on PS4 are much better and there are more of them. I think Sony also does a good job of remaking their old games (P1-3) and making them fun again on an updated engine. The best games I've played so far on PS4 are Bloodbourne, Last of Us, Valkyrie Chronicles, FFXV and NieR: Automata (currently playing; it's amazing).

Arrow

Officer

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

You ever finger a pregnant stripper Tian?

Xanatu

Raider

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Arrow wrote:You ever finger a pregnant stripper Tian?

May as well add this to the app template.

Tian

Raider

PostTue May 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Arrow wrote:You ever finger a pregnant stripper Tian?

Can't say that was ever on my bucket list.

Arrow

Officer

PostTue May 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Same... and yet
Next

Return to General Discussion