Raider

Re: TV Shows / Movies [Possible Spoilers]

PostTue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Amazon's making a LOTR TV series :0

Orionspaw

Casual

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 am

Ragnarok was definitely a very fun movie, but much like Spiderman I'm growing tired of the overkill of comedy in Marvel's movies. Kind of agree with Xan's opinion. I enjoyed all the parts with the Hulk and basically everything he says/does, but some other stuff felt unnecessarily forced (Hela complaining Asguardians didn't listen to her speech about who she is).

For once though I did think the actual plot and storyline was good, and how it all came together at the end. It was good to have a Villain that actually was destroying the shit out of everyone, cracked Thor's hammer, and overall just seemed more powerful compared to previous villains that have been lackluster in recent superhero movies.

Houndstooth

Site Admin

PostWed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 pm

I mean, the thing about thor and guardians is that those books historically have had those levels of humor. It's why, in my opinion Dark World was the worst Thor film by far and probably one of the worst Marvel movies.
So hip it hurts.

Arrow

Officer

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 1:19 am

I think they could’ve made a more dramatic impact with Odin and literally all of thors friends dying.

I will say that the movie felt more like a hulk film than Thor film. He was easily the best parts of the movie.

Super excited for a hulk and rocket raccoon team up.

Orionspaw

Casual

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 10:41 am

Arrow wrote:I think they could’ve made a more dramatic impact with Odin and literally all of thors friends dying.

I will say that the movie felt more like a hulk film than Thor film. He was easily the best parts of the movie.

Super excited for a hulk and rocket raccoon team up.

Holy shit, I had totally forgotten about the first part here...they didn't address it at all. That's annoying considering how much they were involved in like the first Thor.

Hulk easily was MVP, that team up will be epic, with ADULT GROOT!

Arrow

Officer

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 7:14 am

SPOILERS

Watched JL.

I would rate it 6.5/10. It’s worse than BvS, especially the extended cut which was actually pretty good.

Pros
- Wonder Woman. She is single handedly carrying the entire franchise right now.

- Flash. I can’t wait for the flash movie. He’s adds life to every scene he’s in, they made a really good casting call here. His special effects are also great.

- Aquaman. This is mostly the actor, Jason Mamoa nailing the character. Him and Flash add great comic relief

Cons

- Batman. They tried to turn him into a Tony Stark and it fails. They even gave him his own Jarvis. He comes across as very very weak in this movie as compared to BvS where he literally beat Superman. They turned him into a character thats just there because he’s rich and can talk to people. Affleck isn’t even bad as Batman, he’s a really good actor. The writers have just fucked the character.

- Cyborg. Yeah, nothing special.

- Aquaman. While the acting for the character is great as are his mannerisms. When it comes to superpowers, there’s nothing. He parts one wave and carry’s a trident. There’s a cool atlantean scene where fish and water are controlled for a few moments but that’s it.

- Superman. Superman was good in Man if Steel. I don’t care what people say, that was a really well made superhero movie to me. It had great action scenes and showed a moral conflict that’s necessary for a god-like character. In this movie, he’s complete shit. Him coming back ruins the movie as I predicted because in a movie where Superman exists, there’s no sense of peril or urgency.

- Villain sucks. Lex Luthor from BvS was much better, especially with dialogue. This guy is just a meat shield looking to take over the world. Not very original at all.

- Story. Holy fuck was this movie boring when it came to the story. There is absolutely nothing special. Bad guy arrives, team gathers, team argues, team re-gathers, beats bad guy. Avengers did this too, sure, but that film was about the journey through that story and all the little fun things that happen along the way. There’s no journey here and very little fun.

- Sound. There’s no soundtrack in this movie. The Wonder Woman theme is gone. The Superman theme is gone. There’s no new memorable JL soundtrack. Music makes mediocre movies into decent movies. There’s just no fucking music in this movie.

- Editing. There were parts where I thought the theater fucked up and jumped parts. Nope, that’s actually just shitty editing. The CGI is also pretty terrible in parts considering this is one of the most awaited and expensive movies of the decade.

————————————————

I don’t know how they’re going to fix this universe. As long as Superman exists, team up movies don’t work. Their best bet was to just leave him dead. The difference between Marvel and DC right now is like a Bugatti vs a 90s Ford Fiesta or something. They should just stop and do solo movies.

Renray

Officer

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am

I bet your fun on dates

Arrow

Officer

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 am

Bitches love it

Arrow

Officer

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Episode 1 of The Punisher is pure perfection

Arrow

Officer

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 7:15 am

Finished it, my favorite MCU show I think. So freaking brutal. Bernthal is about to blow up in Hollywood. Although, I think he had better action scenes in Daredevil. Especially the prison fight.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion