Soon to be moving out 0.0

Anything
Boltinqt
Casual

Re: Soon to be moving out 0.0

Post by Boltinqt » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:29 am

Candese wrote:Hounds and Crypt are insane. Kuerig makes great coffee. We have had the same machine for 3 years its never broken down once, we clean it every 4 months, buy a box of coffee and it last me a month. It is also much faster than french press coffee. If you are like me and you only want your coffee in the morning when you need it to function than a 3 minute warm up and prep time that all you have to do is hit a button is way better than sitting there and doing it yourself.

Anyway man, its a big step I wish you loads of luck!
U r not friend
Source: Hounds
Bolt, why did you log so low that fight?

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:05 am

Boltinqt wrote:
Candese wrote:Hounds and Crypt are insane. Kuerig makes great coffee. We have had the same machine for 3 years its never broken down once, we clean it every 4 months, buy a box of coffee and it last me a month. It is also much faster than french press coffee. If you are like me and you only want your coffee in the morning when you need it to function than a 3 minute warm up and prep time that all you have to do is hit a button is way better than sitting there and doing it yourself.

Anyway man, its a big step I wish you loads of luck!
U r not friend
Source: Hounds
Nah I'm just a coffee snob, Cand = Friend

Tan
Guild Leader

Post by Tan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:40 am

French press is level 1. ChemEx is level two. Level up, man.

To be fair, my wife and I have an automatically set drip coffee maker for the weekdays. In the morning we have to get up and out to work fast and having a cup of coffee ready when you wake up is amazing. On the weekends when we have more time to enjoy the coffee, we do the ChemEx.

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:45 am

Tan wrote:French press is level 1. ChemEx is level two. Level up, man.

To be fair, my wife and I have an automatically set drip coffee maker for the weekdays. In the morning we have to get up and out to work fast and having a cup of coffee ready when you wake up is amazing. On the weekends when we have more time to enjoy the coffee, we do the ChemEx.
Did they name that chemex because it would fit in with my set? Looks cool I'll have to look into it.

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:29 am

I don't drink coffee, so I'm impartial either way, our Keurig is for my gf rofl

Boltinqt
Casual

Post by Boltinqt » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:49 am

Reasons to love Vindi:
They give young ones life advice.

I enjoy this thread quite a bit and I check it often, thanks everyone for sharing. I'm hoping it'll be a fun experience, hopefully it goes smoothly, currently studying for the ACSM!

Cmill
Casual

Post by Cmill » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:00 pm

The biggest points I see a lot of people hitting on that I most agree with is Save money. Always think "Do I need this" when making purchases, especially for the first year. Second do not go out to eat!!! If anything limit eating out to once a week at most. Anything you can go out to eat can be made at home usually pretty easily for half the price (about).

Neurth
Visitor

Post by Neurth » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:54 pm

For the ACSM really focus on the planes of the body, the anatomy, and what all the kinds of movement are called. It's more than just that but that stuff you're going to use for the rest of your life if you're training or doing Physical Therapy. You don't need to know all the tiny bones of the body or every single muscle but you should know about the main muscle groups, muscles of the rotator cuff, major bones. You should know dorsiflexion, abduction, adduction, etc. It's the language of this kind of stuff so it's pretty easy to pickup if you have good scientific based sources for your information (not just bros in the gym).

Boltinqt
Casual

Post by Boltinqt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Neurth wrote:For the ACSM really focus on the planes of the body, the anatomy, and what all the kinds of movement are called. It's more than just that but that stuff you're going to use for the rest of your life if you're training or doing Physical Therapy. You don't need to know all the tiny bones of the body or every single muscle but you should know about the main muscle groups, muscles of the rotator cuff, major bones. You should know dorsiflexion, abduction, adduction, etc. It's the language of this kind of stuff so it's pretty easy to pickup if you have good scientific based sources for your information (not just bros in the gym).

Right now I'm struggling with remembering things like, "During the over head the press, the shoulder is doing a(n)________"

I just need to read more.

Neurth
Visitor

Post by Neurth » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:56 pm

The more you immerse yourself into it the quicker you'll pick those things up.

I think this video series will help a little bit. It has a lot of good general anatomy and application of the anatomy. It's not complete but Mike Roberston is a pretty smart and well known guy when it comes to training athletes (which if you can train an athlete and get good results you can train a joe schmoe).

The presentation is kind of "broish" but it's bodybuilding.com so it's to be expected. Also the girl isn't too bad to look at.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/built-b ... ainer.html

Just set aside an hour or two every day to learn this stuff and you'll get it all.