Online texts/articles/anything

Anything
Titanbear
Casual

Online texts/articles/anything

Post by Titanbear » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Something I was thinking about today was how cool it is that online articles have hyperlinks (or can

when you're not lazy or know how to do them).

However, what if these articles instead of having

to click on them (and in some cases hover the mouse over it, which isn't bad) they had a side bar with

a picture/definition/explanation that proceed in order of any and all (mostly because I'm writing a

paper requiring peer reviewed scientific jargon written such that basically a potato who stopped going

to school in the eight grade can understand) big words or highly specific naming. The cool part is what

if this side bar schooled like mangas do, using the arrow keys. I feel like this would make it easier for

people outside a given field to look up things/read articles on topics they aren't familiar with.

Specifically public health would be a awesome for people to get good helpful tidbits with actual

explanations for what’s going on in a matter that they can grasp. Computer people make this happen :D

Edit: the spacing was weird the first time, I fixed it. wanted to space it out so its not a brick of text.
Last edited by Titanbear on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptrot
Casual

Re: Online texts/articles/anything

Post by Cryptrot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 pm

It's possible. Not a project I want to do but it's possible.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26 pm

I just think it would be useful honestly. I also know that a lot of professors would prefer Digital text books for example with hyperlinks.

This in my opinion is better, It would basically be a text book mixed with a powerpoint. You could even have videos in these specific side bar pages.

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Titanbear wrote:I just think it would be useful honestly. I also know that a lot of professors would prefer Digital text books for example with hyperlinks.

This in my opinion is better, It would basically be a text book mixed with a powerpoint. You could even have videos in these specific side bar pages.
Yeah especially because digital text books fucking suck now. I had several and they were just horrible.

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:20 am

Cryptrot wrote:Yeah especially because digital text books fucking suck now. I had several and they were just horrible.
Best part about digital books...CTRL+F however I'm an accountant so I didn't need actual textbooks all that much. except tax books. fuck tax books.

EDIT: Solution to Titan's proposal = get two monitor screens :P

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Orionspaw wrote:
Cryptrot wrote:Yeah especially because digital text books fucking suck now. I had several and they were just horrible.
Best part about digital books...CTRL+F however I'm an accountant so I didn't need actual textbooks all that much. except tax books. fuck tax books.

EDIT: Solution to Titan's proposal = get two monitor screens :P

That's not actually the issue, its trying to (in professional means mostly) write an informative sourced paper (peer reviewed/studies etc.) such that an uneducated individual can understand it. If its to complex they'll get to a big word and then stop reading and therefore won't get better (In the sense of a paper directed towards public health for example).

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

ahhhhh i gotcha