Casual

Taken king

Post by Titanbear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Is anyone playing?

Orionspaw
Casual

Re: Taken king

Post by Orionspaw » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:22 pm

I didn't buy it yet and I'm debating buying it at all. Already $100 in on that game, Bungie is just leeching money from everyone. Vanilla I stopped playing with a couple months after I beat everything, DB & HoW it took maybe 2 weeks to complete everything in these expansions...I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out another $40 for TTK and end up only playing it for a month again. Don't get me wrong the game is super fun, I love the raiding aspect of it like WoW - Vault was a great raid I think, but Crota's End was just trash I literally could solo the entire instance effortlessly. The PvP is fun, but there's always a meta and if you can't play the meta you're basically SoL

I'm gonna wait to see if the content is truly worth it. Hear feedback from my friends, watch some streams of the strikes and raids, etc. They're making everything Year One virtually obsolete, so any and everything you worked for is irrelevant now. If you've never played they want you to use the Spark and skip all of the year one stuff cause they know they fucked up and it wasn't that great, so that makes me sad.

Also you on XB1 or PS4 Titan? I'm XB1 so it's also saddening that there's a bunch of content I simply just don't have access too because of the platform I play on.

EDIT: That void bow though, as a Hunter in almost every game I play and the Bow&Arrow being my favorite weapon ever...I really really really really REALLY wanna play it lol

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Ps4.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm

So far I am enjoying the revamp (should have been there at launch? soon after? idk?)

Also wtb group finder still. why isn't it a thing?

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Yeah idk why they still haven't added a group finder. The "social" spaces aren't social enough to find your own group. There is no way of communicating like for example Trade Chat back before LFG days when you actually had to find a group. I've always used Bungie forums or DestinyLFG for groups but still, that's outside the game and sometimes quite annoying.

Cutts
Casual

Post by Cutts » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm planning on it, and I'm leveling up a Titan first since I was having the most fun with it in HoW. If there's enough people, maybe I can possibly get into a raid for once this time around too, since I did none of it in Year 1.

Also, this is the real Taken King:

Because Puns.
-Fatbird.exe, the Blue Fatbird of Happiness.

"We depth investigation abnormal account." - 100% legit "Blizzard GM"...scammers aren't even trying anymore.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:04 am

You know since they make it so you have to use an outside source to find groups they could at least build an app or even propose to Sony/Microsoft an app or web program which would allow you to instantly friend the person once you've arranged the fire team so you aren't swapping between consol and whatever other thing being used.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Also,

The keys for those chests come from the runes you pick up that need (for example) 50 kills or 7 hidden taken threats, once completed they become the key.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:49 pm

This chest is cool btw. Def easy with friends to hold bridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsU_E7Yxr24

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:56 pm

So apparently both the exotic engrams I purchased with coins for heavy weps resulted in year 1 exotics....