Need advice to become raid-ready

Anything
Boltinqt
Casual

Re: Need advice to become raid-ready

Post by Boltinqt » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am

Sounds like a good plan, I'm not sure if you have the addon "handy notes" but it's a good one to get for farming resources to hit the 2000 mark. There are several items in draenor that will give 100 resources that are really easy to get.

In terms of LFR, it is probably more important to do them after you get the second ring. I'm not sure if that's the one you're on, sounds like you may be on the Apexis crystal one.

When your Garrison hits level 3, id suggest going with the trading post for bonus rep gains and a good resource gainer and dumper.

Check the AH for BoE items that are mis-priced, meaning someone forgot to add a 0 to the end of it, happens a lot.

Make sure you're caught up with all the fights, even as a carry, you should demonstrate that you have knowledge of the fights and came prepared at the bare minimum.

I think that's it, other than making sure you have flask/food/potions and etc.
Bolt, why did you log so low that fight?

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:49 am

As a heads up you only have _today_ to do timewalking dungeons before the holiday ends.

I am not sure if you can swim to island and have it phase in, but I can try to port you over if you'd like. I just assume it's phased behind the shipyard and Blizzard intends to keep it that way similar to how Valley of Four Winds was if you didn't do the gate opening quest in MoP.

At level 3 the buildings I use are:

Mage Tower (mission acceleration), Trading post (rep, mats, resources), Tailoring Emporium (Mats), Engineer blding (probably scrapping so I can DE in my base with enchanter hut), Bunker (free roll, follower upgrades now that salvage yard is gutted), Storehouse (bank,gbank), Inn (Treasure hunting missions, probably scrapping too)

Like bolt said you want to go out and do treasures, you can either use handynotes or get the maps after you finish all the story quests for a particular zone, which you want to do for all the zones for flying in the 6.2.x patch that's upcoming in"weeks not months" according to yesterday's interview.

With timewalking gone you are going to rely a bit on LFR for gearing so that you can get into HFC lfr on tuesday. Your biggest source of gear is really going to be Tannan Jungle itself, where if you get epic rolls on balefuls you get 675 equipment. Once you're around 660 you want to do your mythic dungeons every week (I'm sure guild groups would love to have you) for 685 loot that can go to 705 as waforged, with a recent buff to warforged chance it's a great spot to get some loot!

You're going to be running LFR for the old stuff for Abrogator Stones and Elemental Runes either way, but you also want your shipyard going since it _also_ provides bonus missions for all materials.

tl;dr: Timewalking today, open tannan, farm tannan for baleful shit, 20k to upgrade baelful shit, mythic dungeons, get your heroic drops for ring, LFR is your priority.

For you right now I still strongly suggest a lumber yard for extra garrison resources in the meanwhile.

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:02 pm

@Bolt I have HandyNotes and HandyNotes_Draenor Treasures, Tanned told me to get both of them. I'm assuming the icons on the map that look like the Garrison Resources currency pictures are the ones I need to make an effort to pick up.
I am currently on the Apexis Crystal part of the ring, but from what I've heard, that should go really quickly, probably will get it in one sitting playing tonight then I'll be more inclined to do LFR for the Stones. I only got about ~22k gold sitting around on Icecrown Alliance right now, I checked the AH yesterday for BoEs and everything seemed to be around 15k+ gold. But I'll keep looking to find anything mis-priced. As for fight knowledge, I've watch all of our guilds streams from this week raiding, as well as the Fatboss Guides for HFC while it was on PTR and as they update it for the live changes. I wouldn't expect a carry if I didn't even know fight mechanics haha.

@Crypt Yes I know today is the last day to do Timewalking dungeons, but maybe I can find guildies interested or a pug group that's halfway decent to chain run a few. My brother said he was able to swim to Ashran from SMV and was able to participate in all the quests/events etc.

Any way I can get roughly a final plan for my Garrison? hahah I've heard a number of different suggestions from everyone and nothing really aligning in similarities. I'm still trying to understand all the Garrison stuff in general as a whole new thing. Maybe I can hop on Mumble with someone later and they can gimme a Garrison 101 crash course and what I should prioritize once I get level 3.

Someone had said to go like this" Garrison to level 3, Salvage Yard level 3, Inn level 2, Bunker level 2, barracks level 3, bunker level 3, also should have a Trading Post. This still leave a small plot left correct?

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:15 pm

The salavage yard got nerfed heavily, the crate drops are way lower than they used to be. I don't suggest having it.

CopaceticMoo
Casual

Post by CopaceticMoo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:45 pm

After having done all three, I think your bet might be to 5x timewalk for the coin, then just run around Ashran following the main group farming honor for the 670 gear. I found the 650/675 baleful from Tanaan to be frustrating to acquire at the gear levels where it's relevant. YMMV.