Need advice to become raid-ready

Anything
Orionspaw
Casual

Need advice to become raid-ready

Post by Orionspaw » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 am

Hello friends, so after a ~2 year break from playing WoW, I've bought the expansion and am looking to come back to raiding again. The game has changed dramatically in my absence and I would just like any and all advice you guys have for how to prepare myself to be ready to raid on my Hunter!

Character leveling paths/strategies? (I'm currently lvl 95 and about to start questing in Talador)

Any additional or more detailed information on how Garrisons work would be greatly appreciated! I basically have all the same questions you all did when WoD first went live. How does the Garrison work? How do I level it up, what buildings do I choose and how do I level them? What's the best way to get more resources? Followers - wtf? What missions do I send them on, how do I get more, what can they do for me?

Gearing:
I plan on hitting 100 sometime this weekend. What do I need to do to start gearing right out of the gate, or even before I hit 100? Daily quests? Is spamming Heroic Dungeons until LFR ready then normal raids still the best way? How do I hit that minimum item level requirement to queue?

I'm also looking to know:
What websites are now viable for class/spec information (talents, glyphs, rotations, CDs, macros) all that good stuff I need to know for raiding and doing mad eeps.

The information I've already been given:
Advice from Tanned "Legendary Questline!!!! While you are focused on getting your ring in order, I would also make sure to get your Garrison and Shipyard at 100% optimal as soon as you can.
Best ways to do that, for the Garrison, are to have a Salvage Yard, an Inn and a Dwarven Bunker. You may also want a Trading Post so you have enough resources"

TL;DR - give me whatever advice you have about WoD regarding leveling, Garrisons, gearing, Legendary Questline, Hunter abilities.

Tan
Guild Leader

Re: Need advice to become raid-ready

Post by Tan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 am

While in Spire of Arak make sure to complete the Salvage Yard questline. You need to be level 96 and go to Pinchwhistle Gearworks.

Don't spend your Garrison resources all willy-nilly. You need a level 3 Garrison for a lot of stuff.

CopaceticMoo
Casual

Post by CopaceticMoo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 pm

Dirty casual here.

Given that ring is what'll hold you back more than anything else, your priority is probably to get your garrison up ASAP to get those stone/rune quests rolling. To that end, you're probably going for:

Large: Bunker (work orders to generate follower upgrades), Barracks (to raise follower cap to 25)
Medium: Inn (to recruit 1 follower/week), Trading Post (to get more garrison resources)
Small: Salvage Yard (for the chance for follower upgrades)

Your upgrade order is likely: garrison to level 3 at level 100, Salvage Yard level 3, Inn level 2, Bunker level 2, barracks level 3, bunker level 3.
Once you hit 100, run around picking up and/or buying followers. Then level the crap out of them with missions. Get the Garrison Mission Manager addon.

Edit: gear probably won't be an issue because you can always be carried through raids, but if you're trying to gear yourself up and are short on gold: maybe grind the hell out of Timewalker dungeons this weekend to get to 660. Other options include Ashran PvP honor farming for 670 gear, and/or Tanaan for 650-655 (possible random upgrades to 670), and/or farming apexis for 650-->695 upgrades.

tclphz
Casual

Post by tclphz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Ashran gear is now 700, and it was fairly easy to acquire. I'm not sure your gold situation, if you have enough, but you'll need quite a bit to get your garrison set up.

Your first building should be a trading post. You need this to get more garrison resources, don't need to upgrade it, just keep work orders going. Try to get the cheaper stuff, get guildies to help you out maybe. Get to level 3 garrison as quickly as you can, you'll need that going into tanaan where you can get 650 gears.

For raiding purposes, you really only need a bunker, mostly to save gold/apexis/garrison resources.

I'm honestly not sure ifyou still need barracks. The missions feel like they've been nerfed enough that it doesn't matter too much if you have 20 or 25 followers. Supposedly it's still worth it for one with treasure hunting. You could consider stables, I find the stables quite useful in tanaan. I think Barn is still worthwhile, can use savage blood to upgrade gears up to 685.

Really getting carried, best way.

tclphz
Casual

Post by tclphz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Here's what I run on my main
Rax, Bunker, Barn, Inn, 2 Professions Buildings, and a Salvage Yard

I only have one alt on Icecrown, but I'm using it for Tanaan... and I run
Rax, Stables, Inn, Trading Post, 2 Prof and Salvage Yard

One more thing, it should be under consideration to get a lumber mill and trading post setup, you really need to get as much garrison resources as possible.

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Get your garrison to level 3 and get your ass to Tannan ASAP honestly. 650/675 baseline baelfuls that can upgrade to 695 for 20k apexis crystals which rain from the sky.

Use crystals to buy your loot rolls as well, do timewalking if you get to 100 this weekend, if not do some good old fashioned LFR as you work on your ring.

I'll have wowhead guides here soonish.

Pancakes
Casual

Post by Pancakes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 pm

The amount of THC consumed is probably a good factor to performance, Tan can vouge for this. Probably need to get your BBRC to atleast 2-3 tokes, if not more.

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm

Pancakes wrote:The amount of THC consumed is probably a good factor to performance, Tan can vouge for this. Probably need to get your BBRC to atleast 2-3 tokes, if not more.
Sad fact is about 5 years ago this was my raiding ethos.

Tan
Guild Leader

Post by Tan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:56 am

Cryptrot wrote:
Pancakes wrote:The amount of THC consumed is probably a good factor to performance, Tan can vouge for this. Probably need to get your BBRC to atleast 2-3 tokes, if not more.
Sad fact is about 5 years ago this was my raiding ethos.
And in the category of completely unexpected sincere responses to Rigs...

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 am

So after this weekend and minimal play because of a Graduation Party on Saturday, I've hit 100, have roughly a 607 equipped item level, and first stage of the ring. When I get home from work today I should be on doing much more, my plan is as follows:

-Farm Timewalking dungeons for 660 gear.
-Once at 610 item level do the 3 Heroic Dungeons for Cores for Legendary Quest.
-My Garrison is still level 2, I have roughly 1300 resources. I have 3 Wanted Quests in Spires of Arak that each should give 100 resources I plan to do to help me get to the 2k for Level 3 upgrade. The only building I have are the Barracks, Inn, and Salvage Yard.
-As LFR Highmaul/BRF is only 640/655 gear, I'd imagine it's most beneficial for me to ignore LFR while I can still do Timewalking dungeons before reset tomorrow

Does this sound like a good plan or is there anything I should change? Once Level 3 Garrison I'll then work on the Shipyard to gain access to Tanaan Jungle (I believe that's how it works?) I could also just swim to Ashran from SMV to do the dailies over there and try to get the PvP gear for an item level boost. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :D I'd like to have decent enough gear by like, tomorrow (Tuesday) night so I could tag along for a carry in the Normal Raid.

Thanks everyone for your help!!