Casual

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by Xanatu » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 pm

It's ok to cry right?

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Gonna fire up my psx emu or find my pc version from 98 and replay it again.

Cutts
Casual

Post by Cutts » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 am

So now that I've had a minute to actually look into this, yes this is different from the re-release that came out for PS4 that was essentially a direct port of the PS1 version. Someone at Square Enix must've finally gotten through to the higher ups that they were literally sitting on a gold mine if they actually went ahead and made this, and since they've released other HD remasters of earlier entries like X and X-2 that were generally well received, they probably figured remaking one of the best (if not THE best) selling games in the franchise would be a good move.

With the huge following 7 has, it'll be tough for them to not make a boatload of money off this game.
-Fatbird.exe, the Blue Fatbird of Happiness.

"We depth investigation abnormal account." - 100% legit "Blizzard GM"...scammers aren't even trying anymore.

Cryptrot
Casual

Post by Cryptrot » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:14 am

Cutts wrote: With the huge following 7 has, it'll be tough for them to not make a boatload of money off this game.
It's Square Enyx, there's a 65% chance they are going to horribly fuck this up.

Cutts
Casual

Post by Cutts » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:20 am

Cryptrot wrote:
Cutts wrote: With the huge following 7 has, it'll be tough for them to not make a boatload of money off this game.
True, but just like a Michael Bay film, it can be terrible and still make tons of money if the hype train is big enough.

And if Sabin doesn't suplex said train.
-Fatbird.exe, the Blue Fatbird of Happiness.

"We depth investigation abnormal account." - 100% legit "Blizzard GM"...scammers aren't even trying anymore.

Xanatu
Casual

Post by Xanatu » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 am

Cryptrot wrote:
This wouldn't be too hard. Really they need to make the combat engaging so that's up in the air. Throw in gratuitous fan service, some bad voice acting, and some annoying DLC and they can ruin it all.

But I'm on the hype train. The soundtrack is still incredible and the atmosphere is as good as it gets. They would have to make a concerted effort to make it worse.

Arrow
Officer

Post by Arrow » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:20 am

The original ff7 world was HUGE. If they remake it and scale it to today's graphics. The world has potential to be bigger than any other game world. Assuming they make it open world like it should be.

I really hope there's a PC port. Otherwise for the first time, a games going to make me buy a console. Also, The Last Guardian looks awesome.

spelmasta
Visitor

Post by spelmasta » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:31 am

Get home from work to find this on reddit. I really hope they port it cause college isn't free.

edit: obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDqea9cWOn4

Tan
Guild Leader

Post by Tan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:47 am

So a few things:

1) The trailer leaves it open to interpretation, but I think the HD game - FF7 Remake - is a brand new game. The trailer is unclear; it sounds like it takes place after Meteor but who knows.

2) They did say they were porting FF7 to PS4, but it will not be an HD remake. It will be a direct port of the PC version of FF7. I'm not sure if that project is being cancelled. It was due out in the spring this year and now it is Summer.

3) Square has said that if they ever re-released FF7 before another game FF game surpassed it, that it would ruin the franchise. No game in the FF series since has had such wide appear or such critical acclaim.