Destiney, The Taken King

Anything
Titanbear
Casual

Destiney, The Taken King

Post by Titanbear » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 pm

But do I have to buy it if I got the season pass?

Also, BOW ULT

Cutts
Casual

Re: Destiney, The Taken King

Post by Cutts » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Seeing as House of Wolves lasted me a whole 2 or 3 weeks before I got uninterested in playing any further, I'm really not sure if I'm going to get this. While HoW certainly made some improvements to the game as a whole, I feel it might be too little too late. Maybe if I had more to do in the game for primarily single player w/ very occasional 3 person multiplayer I'd enjoy the game more, but its pretty much a flat experience now of "run heroic weekly / 28 PoE for coins, hope Xur sells something nice and maybe attempt to solo the nightfall while praying RNJesus gives me an etheric light for my troubles". Riveting. I really feel like Bungie is just gating shit behind multiplayer just for the sake of gating shit at this point. The Nightfall and possibly even the 32 PoE could easily be made into optional matchmaking.

To answer the original question, I'm pretty sure the season pass was just TBD + HoW.
-Fatbird.exe, the Blue Fatbird of Happiness.

"We depth investigation abnormal account." - 100% legit "Blizzard GM"...scammers aren't even trying anymore.

Titanbear
Casual

Post by Titanbear » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 am

I agree completely.

There should be match making for nightfall/PoE 32, maybe even 34.

There should be match making for the normal version of the raids.

I don't know why they would refuse to do that when they clearly have the tech to do it.

Houndstooth
Site Admin

Post by Houndstooth » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:18 pm

I've been playing a ton of HoW because of Trials of Osiris which has been the best addition to PvP that a game has made in recent memory.
So hip it hurts.

Orionspaw
Casual

Post by Orionspaw » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi old friends!

Do you guys play on XB1 or PS4?

@Titan, Taken King isn't included with Season Pass, and apparently before today's Bungie weekly update it was supposed to be sold with both old expansions for $40 even if you already had DB and HoW. But now I think they're selling it separate digitally for $20.

@Cutts, I completely agree, I got all 3 characters to 34 and all max 365 weps within a week and a half, I'm pretty much done with that game...and idk if I'll be getting TK either for all those reasons. This is why I'm coming back to WoW :D :D

@Hounds ToO is made fun I totally agree, and the payoff rewards for going Flawless is awesome. But like PoE I've done that so many times now, so the game is kinda just, super boring. No where near enough content between expansions.

Cutts
Casual

Post by Cutts » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Bungie's had a lollercoaster's worth of gaffes this past week related to this expansion. It's actually funny seeing both how they keep looking bad and the community's reaction, including from other game developers. Here's a funny one for Dying Light making fun of the Red Bull / Destiny tie-in:

-Fatbird.exe, the Blue Fatbird of Happiness.

"We depth investigation abnormal account." - 100% legit "Blizzard GM"...scammers aren't even trying anymore.

Pancakes
Casual

Post by Pancakes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:15 pm

I see your taken, and raise you one...