Drake's new name

Anything
Cryptrot
Casual
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Cryptrot » Mon May 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Drakenkyn wrote:
Cryptrot wrote:
Drakenkyn wrote: PUNS
T_T

With that being said I like the dragon themed names, though never really saw you as a blue dargon per-say but Kyndragosa is def my favorite of the bunch.
I'm super curious on your insight. What flight would you say I am from your perspective?

In terms of WoW mythology, I associate more with blue dragons as they are in layman's terms, the nerdiest of the dragonflights. They are also loyal and super protective of their loved ones. Blue dragons are also non-religious and lawful-neutral.
I like these the most, but your forgot "Otherdrakken"
For some reason I just had green dragonflight for ya, probably because I still associate the blue flight with the insanity under Malygos. *Shrug* I still see the blues as CG/CN but that's probably an unfair assessment, mostly with the chaos around the Tarecgosa staff quest/asecntion of Kalecgos

chensterlol
Casual
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by chensterlol » Mon May 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Try any of these:

Draaken
Drakkenn
Drahken
Deraakken
Deraken
It's a transition phase, calm the fck down

spelmasta
Visitor
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 am

Re: Drake's new name

Post by spelmasta » Tue May 19, 2015 12:37 am

no spelrigs? I'm hurt.

Tan
Guild Leader
Posts: 6323
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Tan » Tue May 19, 2015 12:39 am

Cryptrot wrote:For some reason I just had green dragonflight for ya, probably because I still associate the blue flight with the insanity under Malygos. *Shrug* I still see the blues as CG/CN but that's probably an unfair assessment, mostly with the chaos around the Tarecgosa staff quest/asecntion of Kalecgos
Where the blue dragons decide that Kalecgos would be the next aspect by an orderly vote and where the ones who opposed it were corrupted by Deathwing?

Drakenkyn
Visitor
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:49 pm
Location: Pheonix, AZ

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Drakenkyn » Tue May 19, 2015 1:12 am

Tan wrote:
Cryptrot wrote:For some reason I just had green dragonflight for ya, probably because I still associate the blue flight with the insanity under Malygos. *Shrug* I still see the blues as CG/CN but that's probably an unfair assessment, mostly with the chaos around the Tarecgosa staff quest/asecntion of Kalecgos
Where the blue dragons decide that Kalecgos would be the next aspect by an orderly vote and where the ones who opposed it were corrupted by Deathwing?
Yeah. If anything, the staff quest proves my point in their orderly fashion.

Malygos didn't go chaotic, he went super crazy lawful as he tried to keep magic out of the hands of mortals as he felt they did not understand its power. A power that nearly destroyed the world at his hands when he convinced the others to create the Dragon Soul. He went mental due to his guilt of aiding Neltharion and the crushing loss of his entire flight being almost anhiliated. HE LOVED THEM SO MUCH T____T
Nope.

Pancakes
Casual
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Pancakes » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 am

My sweet sweet spell, perhaps if you didn't die in Korea I would've added you.
Image

Draakken
Casual
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Draakken » Tue May 19, 2015 10:42 am

chensterlol wrote:Try any of these:

Draaken
Drakkenn
Drahken
Deraakken
Deraken

Cryptrot
Casual
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Cryptrot » Tue May 19, 2015 11:15 am

Drakenkyn wrote:
Tan wrote:
Cryptrot wrote:For some reason I just had green dragonflight for ya, probably because I still associate the blue flight with the insanity under Malygos. *Shrug* I still see the blues as CG/CN but that's probably an unfair assessment, mostly with the chaos around the Tarecgosa staff quest/asecntion of Kalecgos
Where the blue dragons decide that Kalecgos would be the next aspect by an orderly vote and where the ones who opposed it were corrupted by Deathwing?
Yeah. If anything, the staff quest proves my point in their orderly fashion.

Malygos didn't go chaotic, he went super crazy lawful as he tried to keep magic out of the hands of mortals as he felt they did not understand its power. A power that nearly destroyed the world at his hands when he convinced the others to create the Dragon Soul. He went mental due to his guilt of aiding Neltharion and the crushing loss of his entire flight being almost anhiliated. HE LOVED THEM SO MUCH T____T
They're also high xenophobic, paranoid, attack unknowns on sight, and would rather just be left alone to study their magic which leaves them open to corrupting from agents of the Burning Legion. I can't believe that we're debating lore (in a good way, this is awesome) and I doubt any of us are going to shift perspectives, but I think that calling them LG/LN is still a stretch in my mind. *shrug* I hate the D&D alignment system for the most part anyway and haven't touched AD&D since the days of THAC0 so my perspective is probably ass.

Drakenkyn
Visitor
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:49 pm
Location: Pheonix, AZ

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Drakenkyn » Tue May 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Cryptrot wrote:They're also high xenophobic, paranoid, attack unknowns on sight, and would rather just be left alone to study their magic which leaves them open to corrupting from agents of the Burning Legion. I can't believe that we're debating lore (in a good way, this is awesome) and I doubt any of us are going to shift perspectives, but I think that calling them LG/LN is still a stretch in my mind. *shrug* I hate the D&D alignment system for the most part anyway and haven't touched AD&D since the days of THAC0 so my perspective is probably ass.
I agree, lets please continue discussing lore as it is one of my favorite things. (My title is Loremaster, though I would not say I'm an 100% knowledgeable like red shirt guy).

Your additional notes however, do not cancel out the blue flight being loyal or lawful. They are definitely not lawful good in anyway shape or form though. They are strictly Lawful Neutral. Whatever they feel is right or justified either scientifically or by laws agreed upon is what they do regardless if it makes people sad or angry.

Why do you say that they are susceptible by corruption? It would seem they are not since they are such recluses.
Nope.

Tan
Guild Leader
Posts: 6323
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Drake's new name

Post by Tan » Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Are there elements of any of the Dragonflights being corrupted by anything other than external intervention? Deathwing was corrupted by N'zoth, for example.

Post Reply